From Instagram

Ouch! Meghan Linsey suffers a horrific bite from a brown recluse spider

From Twitter

The talented Meghan Linsey, who was the runner up on the 8th season of “The Voice”, was bitten by an aggressive brown recluse spider while she slept.

Meghan not only suffered serious skin injuries , but she had to deal with nerve pain, nausea, and tissue dying on her face, the type of symptoms that nightmares are made of.

I know I've been MIA on social media for a while, so I wanted to fill you all in on what's going on. These pics are hard to share, but I think it's important for me to be open with you guys. Everything isn't perfect all of the time. We all go through hard stuff. So, 9 days ago, on February 12, I woke up to a stinging sensation on my face. I looked and in my right hand was a dead spider. Somehow while I was sleeping, a spider had bit me and I had killed it. This scenario is literally on the top of my nightmare list. The stinging was awful and I knew it had to be poisonous. I put the spider in a bag and headed to urgent care. Over the course of the last 9 days, I have experienced the most insane symptoms. From excruciating nerve pain in my face, muscle spasms, full body rash, extreme swelling… etc. It has really been rough. It has been confirmed that I was bit by a brown recluse spider, one of two of the most poisonous spiders in the US. I am still dealing with the wound on my face, but I finally found the right meds to control the nerve pain. I know I'm not out of the woods on this yet, but I am so incredibly grateful for my health and I will never take it for granted again. Your thoughts and prayers are much appreciated. I will be getting back in the studio this week, to work on the new record! I can't wait to finish it. And I can't wait to get back on the road on March 9 & 10- I will be playing in Alaska! And PLEASE, if you live in area where these spiders are, do some research and learn how to protect yourself! I know this is not common at all, but better safe than sorry! Love you all! Xo Meg

A post shared by Meghan Linsey (@meghanlinsey) on

Meghan is in good spirits, and is fortunate that the spider did not approach her eyes or her mouth.

A bite from a crown recluse spider is the real deal Holyfield, it’s one of the most dangerous spiders in the United States according to Wikipedia

“The brown recluse bears a potentially deadly hemotoxic venom. Most bites are minor with no necrosis. However, a small number of brown recluse bites do produce severe dermonecrotic lesions (i.e. necrosis); an even smaller number produce severe cutaneous (skin) or viscerocutaneous (systemic) symptoms” 

We wish Meghan Linsey a speedy recovery!

 

 

Comments

comments

About the author

sushi

View all posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

two × 4 =