After months and weeks of relentless rumors, plot leaks, and fan theories, the brand new trailer for Star Wars Episode 8 has arrived, and it has done so in style.
The 2nd film in the Star Wars sequel trilogy, and the 9th film in the Star Wars universe overall, will continue the story of the Skywalker family, as well as the new heros introduced in Star Wars the Force Awakens.
After the sensational success of Star Wars the Force Awakens, and a Star Wars Story: Rogue One, fan expectations are sky high for this worldwide event.
Here is the plot summary from Disney/Lucasfilm
As a life long Star Wars fan, I could not be more excited for this film.
A couple initial thoughts after viewing the trailer, and the subsequent media campaign.
- The poster is fantastic, it pays homage to the original poster from the New Hope, while also depicting the impending struggle between Kylo Ren, and Luke Skywalker
2. The film looks dark, this newest incarnation of Star Wars will be tragic, core characters will die.
3. The demonstration of the Force is palpable throughout the trailer. Luke is instructing Rey, while also asking for her feedback, the conversation being used to narrate the preview elicited goosebumps from this writer. Luke is showing Rey the ways of the force, and the interpretation of it is beautiful.
4. Kylo Ren is highly upset after getting worked over by Rey in the Force Awakens, and will be looking to do serious harm to Rey, Luke, and the Resistance
5. Supreme leader Snoke was absent from the preview even though Rey makes reference to the Dark Side, in fact, there is no insight into how the First Order recovered from their defeat in Episode 7
6. Fin is not really mentioned, a small clip of him incubating/recovering, that’s it.
7. This was a trailer, not a teaser, but it still felt too short!!!!
8. This film has an Empire Strikes Back feel to it, should be a dandy.
9. Oh yes, Luke Skywalker mentions the Jedi have to end!!!!!! WTF!!!!??????
10. There is no mention of Han Solo, or his death.
Star Wars Episoide 8 will hit theaters December 15th, 2017.